Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Red Rose

I am woman,

Hear me cry in simmered sadness,

I am girl,

Watch me grow into a rose, bright red.

In ways I cannot stand, touch me say to me,

Beautiful beautiful is she,

I know your eyes and mind together,

I see your heart beating hard for me each time.

I wish you loved my thoughts my intellect,

My wit, my  jokes my silent judgement,

I wish I wasn't merely a bright red rose,

But also the dirt, the roots the worms,

Won't you see me far beyond?

Won't you bother to discover the black woe beneath the red?

Girl into woman,

Woman to withered rose.

5 comments:

  1. wow...great write..and so true the feeling that someone see beyond the image and sexuality...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong emotions - I think we all want to be loved in our dark moments - love these lines:
    I wish I wasn't merely a bright red rose,

    But also the dirt, the roots the worms,

    Won't you see me far beyond?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "In ways I cannot stand, touch me say to me,
    Beautiful beautiful is she"
    amazing lines...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments, I appreciate 'em!!

    ReplyDelete