Friday, June 17, 2011

Breath and Air

I always put the covers over him at night

I know his coldness can’t withstand my heart smiling heat

For if I died I’d die and live to see,

My many lives in front of me,

The mirror which retracts and sees,

The same room reflected incessantly over,

Into infinity of every day,

Why don’t you know,

That everyday is the same as yesterday,

I could go mad just living in the hour,

And counting seconds when I know they don’t exist,

My mind goes running after the beating of this heart,

And is only met with disappointment and dishearten,

I wish to throw the crystal that is life,

And see its tiny shattered pieces floating ‘round,

Because its only matter and sustenance,

Which makes our world that which we perceive,

But the honesty of burden is hemmed so innocently,

That our clothes fit well and things are swell,

When really what is there,

Is only breath and air.

No comments:

Post a Comment