Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Waiting for a Non-Existent Love

Wandering hopes,
They lie all around my brand new life.
Happiness should reign, here in this sunshine colored place.
Dreams vibrant, so much in night as in the warming day.
Books of endless wisdom in their diction,
Every tasteful word a poetic line of sugar.
What should be is unrelenting gratitude with delight.
A great triumph of joy brought forth with little effort.
Instead, what my eyes see is perpetual affliction.
Desires lost between the golden sheets that freeze me cold at night.
Dreams thought to be great reality,
Instead strike sadness in the moist pillow underneath this shut tight eye.
Never leave this place of solitude,
They must not know this misery is accredited to them.
He shouldn't know I'm slowly dying while I'm sleeping,
Wishing violet colored lightning struck my brain.
Never open the left turn lock,
Even if the baby's crying fingers sneak past the bottom of the door.
Don't let these wandering hopes into the innocent air,
Don't let mami breathe it in and perceive my lost loves.
The pestilence of thirsty hopes is not what you want to smell.
Sweaty walls taste only of anticipation.
Waiting for the one I know won't come.
Wishing he'd knock, knock, knock.
He will be here, to hear the echo of my lonely beating heart. 
He will come and drag the desolation from this chest.
In this desperate dream, he's coming now.

7 comments:

  1. this is def deep with longing and hope of rescue in a desperate moment of life...nicely penned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intelligent piece, dark and engaging. My favorite line is, "The pestilence of thirsty hopes is not what you want to smell." I want to read it again and chew it up a little. Really glad I stopped here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the poignancy of that last line.... very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. deep with emotions and longing...can feel the pulse of this

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW! A very heartfelt poem.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine:
    http://mypoetcharm.blogspot.com/2011/01/introduce-me-to-your-emotions.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. such deep longing...beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete