Monday, June 27, 2011

Sharing Darkness With The Dead
Sleep comes easy,
Then it comes hard,
I listen to the footsteps of the dead,
And give them room to sit upon my bed,
I know you don’t believe I’m unafraid,
But I dream and speak,
Share and yell,
Caress and push,
The deadly souls at night,
Often some that I don’t know,
Bother my darkened home,
With glimmers of their distant hopes,
Which they hope that I can float,
I do not yet comprehend,
God’s purpose why I see the dead,
I just hope that they are lead,
To a place they can be fed.

4 comments:

  1. " just hope that they are lead,
    To a place they can be fed."
    creepy, nice lines here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely rhymed, kind of a creepy zombie feeling to it at the end, great read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice...makes me wonder if this is the metaphorical dead...as in a spiritual sense which puts a different spin on the end...either way cool verse...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that would be an awful dream let alone a day dream
    very well done

    ReplyDelete